Monday, May 6, 2013

like a K-drama villain

They left me! I had a 3:30 meeting, but it only lasted 20 minutes, so I was all set to go running. I got there 5 minutes early, but they figured I wouldn't make it so they'd already started running. Boo. I ran 5K by myself around the campus instead. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy running by myself, but I don't enjoy getting left. My office mate was kind of pissy today, so I just wanted to be around relaxed people. Wasn't meant to be. For the last mile, this random guy was using me to pace. Just pass me! He stayed about 50 yards back so I couldn't hear him breathing or anything, but I knew he was there. It did put the pressure on me to keep running though. It was kind of flattering - most runners just pass me since I only run like 9:45 mile pace. Random guy, can we be friends?

I came home and somehow started watching Live Free or Die Hard (2007) and now I can't stop, even though it's all cut up into commercials so it lasts extra long. Right now a snazzy fighter pilot is trying to kill Bruce Willis and destroying millions of dollars in highway infrastructure. Oops. Total engine failure. Commercial. I have to wake up at 6am, but I've come too far to stop now. I sound like a K-drama villain.

I was driving home thinking how this time last year I was in the beginning stages of dating Bud. Oh, I wish I could date CH. I want to date someone, but I not anyone, and so for the time being I find myself alone. Ah well, at least I have a cute apartment.

I haven't seen the spider in the car or any webs for the past 2 days. Doesn't mean it's not there.

No comments:

Post a Comment