Tuesday, May 21, 2013

i've been wishing

My knee wasn't feeling 100% percent. I shouldn't have run 2 days in a row. Even if I did, I shouldn't have run the downhills.
.
.
.
But of course I did. The result? At the 1.8 mile mark, I stopped because we had to cross the road. Couldn't get started again. Had to walk. C and L came back for me. I walked back to my building, but I could already feel the twinges of pain in my right knee when walking downhill. I came home, showered, and put ice on it. I mostly dread waking up tomorrow.  I definitely can't run until Friday. And why risk injuring myself when I have to go to a party on Saturday? I'll walk 3 miles on Friday and see how it goes.

Sigh. Drinking sangria, watching TV, and doing laundry now.

I've been saying I need a roommate. And it might come true. Change is scary and I'd have to shape up around the house a bit, but I've been wishing, so why not?

The janitor kid is creeping on me. Twice, he's sort of whispered a compliment as I passed him in the hallway, but it's so quiet that I can't tell for sure. Should I be worried? 3 strikes and you're out, dude.

I found a quarter in the parking lot at work as I was limping to my car. Then I drove home, parked, and found a dime. What is God trying to tell me?

No comments:

Post a Comment