Thursday, March 21, 2013

say yes marathon

I'm tired. For dinner, I ate ice cream, orange juice, brown rice, and pretzels. Oh God, I'm going to gain weight again.

I watched a few episodes of Say Yes to the Dress. The last featured a girl from Paoli, PA who was born in 1987. She was a cervical cancer patient, and her hair had fallen out, so she wanted a dress she could feel confident in. I teared up. She found it. She had a June 2012 wedding. I was happy. Then, at the end of the episode I saw "In Memory of ... 1987-2012." I started crying. She died in September.


"You just do it. You force yourself to get up. You force yourself to put one foot before the other, and God damn it, you refuse to let it get to you. You fight. You cry. You curse. Then you go about the business of living. That’s how I’ve done it. There’s no other way."

---Elizabeth Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment