Friday, March 8, 2013

first week. i still can't believe i'm employed

It's the end of my first week at my new job. I want to go to sleep.

It's Friday night, they say. You're young, they say. You should call up that dude that keeps texting you and go out, they say.

But A's coming to visit me tomorrow and I want to go to sleep. My phone just "catch me on fire"-d and I'd reach over there to see the text message. But it's so far away. If I didn't have my contacts in, I'd be asleep now.

I learned that Friday evening rush hour traffic is horrible on Rt1. I need to get to work earlier on that day so I can leave earlier. Because that was ridiculous. Still, the commute isn't bad at all. Nothing like when I was driving to King of Prussia back in Oct/Nov.

The work verdict? I'm going to learn a lot. I think there is job security. I think I can earn enough money to be able to live comfortably while I start my PhD program in 2 years. It's been one week since I moved into this apartment, and I really like it. We'll see if I feel the same way in a month. But  work is so physically/mentally tiring that I don't feel alone. Not so far anyway.

My favorite non-family dude to talk to is C. I always laugh. I wish he didn't live a thousand miles away. Let me google map it. Yep. 1,108 miles. An easy 17 hour drive. The longest I've ever done in one shot is 13 hours, a little less than 800miles, PA to GA. I felt very adult and delirious and accomplished. Talk about road haze. I remember stopping for apple soda at a gas station an hour north of Atlanta and that's it. I love those drinks with the words all in Spanish. They taste better.

Where the heck is my kindle? High 50s this weekend. All I have are winter clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment