Thursday, October 10, 2013

trees in the rain

I got permission to telework, so I put in 8 hours! So relieved. And also, I forgot what 8 hours was like. At first it's interminable, but by the time you only have an hour and a half left, you're all - what, only an hour and a half? I do so enjoy being able to pay my bills, and the commute is to die for. Today is the first time I used my guest room/office as an office. Joy! Since the files I worked on are number heavy, I was able to listen to about 6 CDs today. I never have been able to listen to music while doing anything that involves words - the lyrics get in the way.

It poured all day, reminding me how much I love trees in the rain, and the slight tilt towards fall colors makes the trees outside my window beautiful.

I briefly went outside to take the trash out and move my car from beneath the trees. There was a dead kitten in the parking lot, right by my rear tire. So sad. When I looked out the window later, it was gone. What is going on in that parking lot?

I cooked! My cooking style is to take a bunch of ingredients that are good for you and cook them in a big pot. Then I eat the concoction over rice. Today, that meant I added:

  • smart Balance vegetable oil
  • 1/2 lb ground turkey
  • 1 green pepper (L's garden)
  • 1 chili pepper (L's garden)
  • 2 tomatoes (L's garden)
  • 1 yam
  • 4 small potatoes
  • low sodium black beans
  • 4 basil leaves
  • 1 tsp salt
  • Thai curry powder
  • Jamaican style curry powder
  • brown sugar
So full! Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment