Tuesday, October 15, 2013

it's my new year's eve, people. reflect. resolve.

It's my new year's eve. Time to reflect on everything that's happened this past year and make some resolutions.

Reflection: Since this day last year, I've gotten my first full-time job and moved out of my parents' house. I've gotten over Bud and now enjoy being by myself, although who knew the S thing would develop into something with emotional dependence (or is it just my pride?). I joined a running group. I kept old friends and made new acquaintances. I applied to PhD programs and got into 2 with full funding. I stayed a size 6 pant and M/L top (thank you large chest). I took a chance on a stranger, even if it failed. I have a good relationship with my parents and my sisters, although I wish I was closer to my brother. I spontaneously visited Ebonye and Andre in San Francisco. I found the perfect white t-shirt, which turned out to be a men's Hanes v-neck tee size S.

In this moment of my life, I'm watching these dramas: Just You (2013 TW), Heartless City (2013 K), Padam Padam (2011 K), and Tatta Hitotsu no Koi (2006 J). Just You is fun fluff addiction and I completely didn't expect to love it, but love it I do, along with the main leads: Aaron Yan, Puff Guo, and Dean Fujioka. Heartless City will end in tears, but along the way I'll ogle Baksa Adeul. The other two dramas, I may actually never finish because they've entered the sad arc.  I have all this time to watch dramas, thanks to the gov't shutdown, although I've been able to telework.

Resolutions: Cherish my family. Make a PhD decision - is it time to stop my formal education here? Don't get too comfortable where I am, both physically and mentally. Keep in touch with the friends who matter, let the others go. Stay active and never forget that I like to run, both alone and with other people. Learn Korean with those workbooks. Keep reading. Start writing again. Stop trying to remain always in control of my emotions. Enjoy fall instead of thinking about impending winter.

Happy New Year's!

No comments:

Post a Comment