Saturday, August 31, 2013

friends + DC + being tourists = i love August

The DC monuments at night with 2 of my oldest friends was beautiful. The night was 75- the perfect temperature for wandering around in jeans and a t-shirt. We knew it was going to be good when a car pulled over to the side of the road and the hottest British guy asked us which way to the White House. We took so many pictures - me with my crappy cell phone camera. Last night made me respect the iPhone's camera. And how did FDR get one of the best monuments ever?
So unexpected and gorgeous
And the planes flying over so low - awesome.  So I don't forget: green line metro, Nando's in Chinatown for dinner (yes to spicy food), Haagen-Dasz detour, walk to red line metro, National Mall, Washington Monument (with scaffolding), Tidal Basin, Jefferson Memorial, Roosevelt, MLK, impromptu fireworks show, Reflecting Pool, Lincoln Memorial, Washington Monument again, National Mall, metro red line, green line (had to sit next to spilled salad), green line, 95, back to my apt.

Afterwards, A drove back to her apt, but M stayed the night. Familiar friends are friends who sleep with the doors open in separate rooms and talk to each other until they fall asleep. Both these ladies are likely to move away for work in the next few years - I have to enjoy them while I can. 10 years of friendship down - here's to 10 more!

Plus M made those most awesome blueberry muffins ever - from scratch. Eating my third one right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment