Wednesday, January 23, 2013

there was one inspired affair


I don't feel like doing anything. Had to wear another dress today, black with a cardigan, stockings, and the same heels. I'm outside for such short periods of time that it barely registers that the wind chill is sixteen. I'm a girly girl. If I'm not wearing running clothes, then I prefer to be wearing a dress. I stopped by the Goodwill after my interview; the store expanded. Now it's twice the size with almost twice the merchandise. I found a Banana Republic skirt for $3.50. Tan, button-up, a real 70s inspired affair - let's call it vintage. I can only buy work clothes. Even though I had an internship almost the whole time I was in grad school, my wardrobe became too casual. It's like I just graduated or something.

I don't feel like doing anything. I need to remember that I still have PhD programs to apply to. There are plenty of jobs to apply to also. The gym is open 24/7. And yet, the only thing I can dredge up enough momentum to do is go to sleep early. I looked at the clock and it was 8:03pm and I wished I was in bed. If I didn't have to take my contacts out, I would have climbed in right then. Can someone else job apply for me while I stay in bed and sleep? Now there's an idea for a small business. Wait. False alarm. I think those are called recruiters.

When I'm bored I think about being friends with Bud. I don't know if it's even possible. If I started to wonder all these months later, does that mean I should do something about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment