Sunday, August 5, 2012

Travelling Solo on National Friendship Day

Airports are lonely places when you're flying solo.  Over the past 5 days, I flew from PHL to SFO and back again (fyi, SFO > PHL).  This occasion marked the first time in my life that I've flown since I was 3, and the first time I've ever flown alone.  Another milestone, er 3,000-milestone.  About flying, I loved looking out the window at the cloud formations, but that was about it.  I dislike taking off and landing.  Still, all the ear popping was worth it to be able to spend time with my friends for a few days: having adventures, hugging trees, getting lost, eating delicious food...
Chicken and waffles from this place in Oakland, CA.  Also the best macaroni and cheese I've ever tasted.
One nice thing about having friends that love you is that they hate all your ex-boyfriends on principle.  And of course I also hate all their ex-boyfriends.  I forgot about this aspect of true friendship, because I had too many mutual friends/acquaintances with the recent Bud.  I can't talk to them about Bud - that would be the opposite of moving on.

It's National Friendship Day (according to Cosmopolitan), so I told my real friends:
1) I love them 
2) I'm thankful that they exist in my world
3) I wish I could hug them in person
4) They're fabulous
The first message I got when I turned on my phone after deplane-ing.

No comments:

Post a Comment