Friday, April 12, 2013

i thought it was a dream

For the 3rd? 4th? 5th? time in my life, I food poisoned myself. Note - don't eat overripe pears. Luckily it wasn't as bad as the last time I food poisoned myself by eating all the walnuts and nothing else. Unluckily, I was at work. I ate the pear at 4:30 and by 4:50, I was running to the bathroom. At least it's Friday and everyone was gone. My appetite is gone too though.

I ate lunch with CK, who I've known for a couple years now. I didn't realize how well she knows me without really knowing me. It's unsettling. I don't feel like I know her very well at all. I'm also disappointed about lunch because we ate with her guy friend who thinks I'm cute, but I don't think he is. And I wanted to. I like C from my running group a lot better, although I don't really know him either. And he's looking better and better, probably because I don't interact with that many guys my age. My social circle down here, fragile as it is, is full of girls with boyfriends. I now assume everyone is taken.

Horrible traffic. Just stay on the parkway if it's moving at all. Because light to light was the horror.

I'm sad because my shin splints are back with a vengeance. After months of carefully managing my running, I'm in bad shape. Not the worst it's ever been, but I woke up in the night because a stabbing pain was shooting down my left shin. I thought it was a dream, but in the morning it was true. The vibration of the car makes it stab me in the leg. So no running for 3 days. Which sucks. I actually cried about it. I'll probably cry some more. I'm in a pissy mood.

I'm super into this book I got from the Goodwill called Clearcut by Nina Shengold because the main character spends half his time worshipping the woods.
"The woods are lovely, dark, and deep"

No comments:

Post a Comment