Monday, September 17, 2012

Another endorphin influenced post

What is this plant? I saw it everywhere when I was in Oakland.
Me in the redwoods park. I've already forgotten how humongous they are. I love trees.
Today I ran about 2.8miles and walked a little over a half mile. I'm trying not to run too hard before the 5K. I did some biking when I got back, just up hills, because it uses different muscles. The last time I biked, I was sore the next day - love that feeling. And I hope the biking will help me with my speed. I tried to sprint the other day and... Distance running made my muscles forget how to run fast. As a former middle distance runner (400m/800m), I find that disturbing.

I think I'll run only once more before Sunday's 5K. I don't want to risk hurting my knees. I paid for that race, and I want to enjoy every moment.

So far, I'm at peace about not calling Bud. I'm not the kind of girl who can be friends with her exes. Not going to force myself to be someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment