Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Running + temping + coffee = climbing up?

I was wrong about climbing out of the pit of despair. Turns out I crawled up onto a ledge. I woke up, finished Malamud's The Natural, and sometime after breakfast rolled off the ledge and about halfway down. But I went running, and this time the endorphins worked their magic, and pushed me up and out again. I tried to run at race pace today because I realized I've been running really slowly. I should buy one of those gadgets that looks like a watch, but tells you things about your workout. I ran slightly shorter than 5K distance, but with more hills. I like hills right now. Those are the words of a crazy person, but I appreciate the surmountable challenges in my life.

I put in my resume for the temp agency that Sissy uses, so I'll start working on the regular soon. If graduation and resulting joblessness has taught me anything, it's that I need to work. See, at first, I didn't really mind feeling depressed because I haven't been for a while. I figured I'd remember what it was like. I figured I could get some great writing material out of my own misery. But I've taken it too far. I'm approaching the point where I can't handle it anymore. In the car I have to drive around listening only to upbeat party songs - I can't handle the sad or even introspective tunes. In the company of good friends, a sudden attack of the blues hits and I have to remind myself that I'm happy. This is a problem.

I read that drinking a cup of coffee an hour before working out helps you lose the weight faster. I've never heard this before, so I'm skeptical. Opinion? I've been losing weight for 4 years now, so I thought I'd read all the tricks. I do like coffee though.
Nothing like the feel of one of those to-go paper cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment