Friday, October 12, 2012

Lipstick those PhDs

BB cream. Today I finally googled what that is, turns out it was invented by a German woman in the 60s and made popular in Asia by South Korean actresses in the 80s. I've probably seen it referenced in a K-drama and just missed the reference. I was blessed with pretty good skin, so I don't have any BB cream, but then I'm a "clothes > makeup" kind of girl.  Also, "shoes > makeup," and even "food > makeup." However, I took a friend to Ulta, and 45 minutes in there got me thinking. I also bought some fantastically fuchsia lipstick called something like desire or temptress. I can't resist seductive names for lipstick and nail polish.
So seductive right? Makes you want to go mwuahhh.

The temping attempt is still an attempt. Haven't got anything yet, but maybe this means I'll have most of my birthday off. It's Tuesday. And I won't have to buy that gym membership just yet. The temporary temping failure has given me motivation to apply for jobs though. I was trying to stick to East or West Coast, but I'm at the point where I'd live in the middle. At least there are woods.

Lately my mom tells me I should go for my PhD. I'm tired of school, but I got desperate enough to look at programs yesterday. They made me feel exhausted. This morning my professor sent me a link to a comic strip about being in graduate school and the comic made me feel exhausted because it was true. Right now, I can't imagine summoning up the willpower it takes to go to school for at least 4 years. Yeah, I know I did after high school, but teenagers have more energy. I've always said I'll start my PhD in my 30s. I want to be in a stable relationship first. I've put relationshipping on the back-burner almost my entire life until this past summer. I'm not ready to devote myself to school again. That's how I am in school, single-minded (and so professors like me 9 times out of 10). I really don't think there's much chance of me going into a PhD program and coming out romantically attached. But what do I know? Only that I don't want to be 30-something and not have dated anyone for the past 5 years. I'm taking care of my future self. That means I'm also contemplating taking the GREs to keep my bases covered. I should be awesome at them since I spent 2 years training kids for the SATs. Same same, right?

I really want to get a job that I'm not overqualified for so I can forget about this and start a new adventure. Pretty please?
Halloween idea?

1 comment:

  1. i've been wanting to try bb cream. as with your future, good luck with everything and do what gives you peace!

    ReplyDelete