Wednesday, October 17, 2012

I still love you, October

The first day of my new year, and I have made resolutions. It's basically my new years. I will stay fit. I will go "out" at least once a month. I will work to release myself from my expectations.
So I realized this was true of me. I don't think it's bad to have goals, but I need to stop thinking that because I'm a certain age, I need to have certain things accomplished by now. I can't change my entire way of thinking overnight, but can try to change it over the course of this year.
I have decreed that this year, I will go to a Halloween scary night affair at an amusement park. It's supposed to happen the weekend after next. I hate watching violence in movies, but I will pay strangers to scare the crap out of me. Seems hypocritical. I think I like haunted house rides because I know that even though scary things pop out, there won't be any violence and it's all fake. Now why I can't tell myself that movie violence is fake, I don't know. I take that back. I know. Because a movie is a depiction of an alternate world, and in that alternate world, the violence is real. I have an active imagination.
So be careful what you imagine.

My shoes came from 6pm.com's 10/11/12 $13 sale. They put a lot of their clearance shoes on sale for $13. I got one pair. There were a lot of sky high platform heels, but I'd never wear them outside of the house. Maybe if I was gainfully employed. 6pm.com is a good website for shoe deals, if you check it frequently. They have these 24 hour sales that can be awesome. I got some beautiful leather boots from there for $45 a couple years ago (original price was over $200).

No comments:

Post a Comment