Tuesday, July 22, 2014

soaking strawberries

Got a letter from EM yesterday. Of all the people I know, she writes the best letters. They're like presents. They're written on old vintage paper with a real pen, like she dipped a quill in ink. And she always includes a little card or note that she found in a thrift shop. And they're looong! I love them. I love her.

Other things I love are the drama Marriage Not Dating, which has replaced Seo In-guk's drama only because that drama has gone the way of angst, so I'm going to leave it alone for a few weeks until the story comes out of the doldurms and back to it's original zippy pace. Kdrama angst draaggggs. Just when you think it's over, it hits a snag and unravels so slowly, never to end until the last episode. Or the episode before the last episode. Marriage Not Dating I enjoy because it's got angst and zip built in, so I don't think the story will rocket towards that angst pit of despair. I won't gush about any of the actors because although I like the main lead, Yeon Woo-jin, he's not that pretty. Unless he really pulls out the acting chops, like Park Ki-woong in Gaksital, he's not going to make me gush. He's more winning because of his energy, which I'm hoping he gets to express in this drama. He sure was depressing in Arang, that's for sure. And how is he not serving in the military right now? Did he already go? No clue.

Also, I think I have to go to the doctor about my knee. It's been sore off and on for the past year and refuses to get better. I miss running, and I can't be serious about it when I can't really run. I used to go 4 miles every other day, and then I'd develop shin splints problems. But now I can't even run long enough to develop shin splints. Boo.

Last note: soaking strawberries in vodka just makes them mushy. No flavor explosion.

No comments:

Post a Comment