Wednesday, December 11, 2013

the rest of the winters of my life

I wrote my first two blog entries for my friend's publishing company and sent them off to her. Hoping they have the right feel. When I asked her what to write about, she said something that I'm passionate about. Once the joy of talking about reading and writing took over, it was easy to write the posts. I was intimidated at first because of my failure with the press release. And of course, I had to come and talk about it here. It's a bloggy kind of night.
bloggy rhymes with froggy! this dude looks like royalty
Weirdly enough, although I ran out of biotin last week or the week before, my nails are really strong. It must be the water. I keep expecting them to break every time I accidentally shove my hands somewhere, but they don't. Why is this awesome thing happening to me? Will it continue to happen to me for the rest of the winters of my life? Speaking of winter, the solstice is Dec 21, which I really and truly want to happen so that I can stop going to and coming from work in the dark. It's a novelty to be outside in the day, and that's just not right.

I had a hamburger at the Christmas party for the first time since I accidentally ate one about 2 years ago; I didn't like it then, and I still didn't really like it now. Don't get me started on the horrible summer at my parents' house (4? years ago) when my dad made hamburgers for dinner every single day on the grill and my mom cooked nothing at all. My sisters and I have sworn off hamburgers because of that. I thought I was ready to start over, but I was wrong.
please take them, oh hamburgler
Don't know what's going on with the S thing. I don't know what's going on with my car - there was frost on the inside. Booo. Booo, I tell you.

No comments:

Post a Comment