Sunday, December 8, 2013

if this state would just salt effectively

Snowy Sunday.

I finally got it sorted out with S. I think. I had to talk about feelings (ew), but via text message. It was weird, and one of the reasons why I wanted to stop. He said he was having a hard time adjusting to his new job. Blah blah excuses, excuses. In order to make him accept it, I said fine, call me when you're not figuring out what the heck you have time for and what you don't want to make a priority. Only I said it nicer. Apparently he accepted that his actions drove me away and/or stopped me from getting close at all. So he agreed, and no more contact for a while. I know it's fine because no crying. Just dissatisfaction because I'm now used to the attention (which disappoints me - didn't know I was an attention-whore). Amazing how fast I get used to something. S did text me the next day, but I didn't respond, so by now he must know I'm serious. There is a period of time, people, when you stop being potentially romantically involved with someone, but you can't just turn on the friendship button. I need no contact!

Only about 2 inches of snow fell, but now it's raining freezing ice. Dare I hope for a 1 hour delay at work? Even if there isn't one, I'll probably do it anyway. I'm not trying to have one of these crazy MD drivers hit me - they don't know to drive slower when there's ice. I can only shake my head. MD, please put sand/salt down to protect the fools you're supposed to be protecting. This state just does not salt effectively.

Meanwhile, I have been teaching myself all the words, punctuation, and line breaks in Yeats' The Second Coming, by writing the poem down over and over and grading myself to see my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment