Friday, September 12, 2014

bunch of crock pot food

Yesterday I bought a crock pot from walmart for $15.92. This morning I put in the random food I had in the order the crock pot company said I should. Then I put it on Low and went to work. I confess I worried off and on all day that the crock pot would malfunction and set the apartment on fire. When I got near Rt1 I was relieved not to see smoke billowing up over the trees. So yeah, basically when I walked in the pot lit was doing that thing lids do when there's pressure built up underneath, so rattling basically. I came in and turned the crock pot off. It did make the whole apartment smell like food. It's a little weird because I used these ingredients:

1 can condensed mushroom soup
4 red potatoes, cut into chunks
1/2 a green pepper
1 pack of chicken breasts, cut into chunks
thyme dumped on top
salt
pepper
water

The food cooked perfectly and nicely, but I think I needed a bit more water because there were a couple too dark potatoes and the meat on top was a bit dry. It also needed more salt. Maybe I needed to come back sooner? It cooked for 9 hours because I stopped at the grocery store on the way home. Anyway, it was good enough that I stuffed myself with at least 2 servings in a big bowl. Then I put away the leftovers into microwavable dishes. So I've got lunch for Monday already, plus 1 meal each for Sat/Sun. I look forward to experimenting. I need to put in more veggies next time, but I think this is the start of me eating a lot better than I have since I moved in.


No comments:

Post a Comment