Sunday, June 8, 2014

Harpers Ferry day trip

Just a whole bunch of firsts going on around here. Today was the first time I've felt seriously sick in a while - I had to resort to ginger ale and crackers. I didn't have any saltines, only ritz, which were too flavorful at first. And I had the kind of ginger ale that's Goya brand and stings your tongue - I'm just glad it was flat. Bubbles and stinging combined is brutal.
I had to lay on the couch writhing around trying not to puke. The smell of pizza made me nauseous - such a wimp! It's because I went on an epic hike yesterday and barely ate. I was going to have dinner, but then after I showered I decided to read a book first, but I got about 3 pages in when I started to fall asleep, so I took out my contacts and decided to take a nap 6:30ish... and that was all she wrote. I woke up at 4:13am, decided I couldn't do anything, and went back to sleep until 8am. Mistake. I must never go that long without eating again because it just wasn't worth it. While I was lying on the couch I watched nearly all of the final mens' French Open, which was Nadal versus Djokovic this year. I rooted for Nadal as always and he wound up winning, so yay. He is entertaining when he wins. I appreciate drama queens.

Friday night/Saturday with RA went well I thought. I'm trying not to get too attached to him because he just wants a hook up. I have to keep it only hook up because that's the way it is. Willpower, A, willpower. I like him is the trouble, but as long as it just stays like I'll be fine. I just need to stay occupied with other things, that's all. Went hiking and that hike was serious. It was uphill for a mile and a half. I've never been on a hike like that. It was walking up stairs for so long! We didn't even do the whole part that I planned to do because I couldn't face another mile of straight up. I really need to take elevation maps more seriously. We crossed through 3 states (yay birth state of Virginia!) and I got to see the mountains again, reminded me of living in Roanoke - I used to think PA was so flat when I'd come back from living there. Nothing like the shadows passing over the mountains (as RA pointed out) and being able to tell the weather by whether or not the top of a mountain is shrouded in cloud. I realize this probably won't end well, but I like him, so I'll go with the flow.
train bridge over the Potomac River
Frustration - I keep going to Weis and not bringing the coupons!  It's been 2 or 3 times now - It's not like that store is particularly cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment