Saturday, August 23, 2014

oc recap 2014

I'm back!
JGL waves hi.
Had a lot of fun on my Ocean City trip! No need to read all of below. Just writing so that I remember this later.

Day One:
That was my first time crossing the Bay Bridge. Super impressive bridge, I have to say. I drove. We stopped at a Walmart for beach chairs and when I went to try out the chair I missed it and sat down on the ground instead. It shocked an old lady to whom I swore I was fine. We stayed at a Best Western, which smelled funny at first, but they said it was because of the cleaning chemicals and they must have been right because the smell was gone after the first couple hours. My friend doesn't like to walk far, but I do, even in flip flops. We put our feet in the water, then took the $3 bus to the boardwalk and walked up until we stopped at an Italian place where I had a crab quesadilla. The cheese taste overpowered the crab, but it was still good. We were going to go out, but were really exhausted by 9:30, so we accidentally fell asleep instead.

Day Two:
Continental breakfast, followed by a 45 minute workout, and the beach! I wore a bikini to the beach for the first time since I was a kid! (That week of arm training YouTube videos really helped because there's a picture of CS and I at Seacrets and my arms look not flabby. Still going to keep up with the arm workouts b/c they're a nice challenge.) We had beach snacks and ate a late lunch/dinner at Macky's. I had an awesome beach cover up dress on that I'd bought at Target for $7.48 the day before. I think I can wear it in the winter with layers. We ate outside in the sand with some palm trees. Then we went to Seacrets, where everyone and their momma told me I had to go, and drank fruity drinks and danced. Would have stayed until 2am but CS couldn't hang! Drinks were constantly splashing my legs, so I guess it was time to go. Always flattering to have people offer to buy you drinks though.

Day Three:
Continental breakfast. Checkout. Return of the one-piece bathing suit. Parked at 30th St dune crossing and hit up the beach until it rained a little and everyone left super fast. Walked to cute shops. Ate outside on a dock with palm trees at a restaurant called Blu. Had yummy fish tacos and stretched out. Super windy. Got my picture taken on top of a turtle. Saltwater taffy quest. Postcard quest. A little boardwalk. A meditative farewell to the ocean. Drove back to MD. On the drive a big rig trucker flirted with CS instead of concentrating on his driving. Downpour. Plastic sounds near my left wheels, but I checked the car and it seems fine. Went out to Looney's Pub and Nottinghams. The first was live music but no one really dancing. The second was in an office park and a little too street.

Today:
Slept in. Saw CS off. Laundry time. Korean drama catch-up time.

No comments:

Post a Comment