Sunday, October 5, 2014

she woke from unsettling dreams

I knew it would happen! Bad dreams from watching that Denzel movie last night, even though I followed it up with the penultimate episode of "It's Okay, It's Love" (IOIL). I don't know why I thought that show would save me - the male main character and his small family were abused by his step-father when he was young, which is the whole reason for the show really.  Constant flashback scenes and there was definitely violence.

How did I treat myself today? Treating myself because October is my birthday month. Well, I went shopping with LB and baby, which is always fun. He's such a pretty baby, and so happy. LB found more shirts than I did, but I did pick up a pair of dark magenta work flats and a cute blazer. I wonder if I can figure out a way to wear both of them tomorrow. We hit up the Burlington Coat Factory which is new -  not as new as I thought though, b/c I asked a cashier who said they'd opened in March. And wow, I just noticed the place last month.  Babies have such soft skin, hard to believe my skin was once that soft. How can I get that to happen again?

Also, I bought a diamond candle. This one should arrive right around my birthday. Oh shoot, I hope I'm here. If it comes when I go on vacation, it might just sit outside and then someone will steal it. Hmm. Is it too late to go back and pay for the standard shipping? I wonder if that was 10-15 days or 10-15 business days. Well, that's already done so...

I finished the IOIL drama. I can't say I loved it. I didn't connect with any of the characters, but they were all so crazy that I watched for the hot mess factor. By the end of the drama they were still crazy and just remained happy and lived with it. The male lead had schizophrenia which caused him to hallucinate a high school sophomore. He was able to live with his illness once everyone realized he had one in 3 episodes. Does this mean he had a mild form of schizophrenia? I have an uncle on my dad's side who has it and he's never been able to make it on his own. He always has to live in a facility. I think I've seen him maybe 5 or 6 times in my conscious life. He's been released a few times, but he always relapses. So I don't think the show was very realistic - mostly they glossed over his treatment and every character was pretty and clean and dressed well.


No comments:

Post a Comment