Sunday, October 26, 2014

last weekend of my birthday month: 2014

Weekend

Friday night, I hied myself over to the CVS on Rt1, but their photobooth was closed. The "photobooth" is just a white screen that they pull down. So fake. So I went to the other CVS on Rt1, which is a quarter mile away and much less busy and got the photo taken there. It may be one of the worst photos of me ever taken.

Saturday I took my application to the post office and applied for a passport. Who knows where I'll be going, but soon I'll be free to move about beyond the country. The man who processed my application flattered me by telling me that I reminded him of the main lead of the movie Dear White People, which I have never seen. But I think the lead is Tessa Thompson, who is gorgeous, so I'm flattered. If they dressed her frumpily in the movie, then I'm totally offended.

Then I took myself over to LB's house, where I got to hold the baby as we made apple pies. LB has been working a lot longer than me, and I always learn things from her. She's like my peer mentor/friend. We made 4 different apple pies. So much peeling that my hand cramped for a good 5 minutes. And then before I left I helped her coordinate an outfit for her son's baptism next Sunday. She invited me to come, which I may do since I've never been to a Catholic service and I'm curious about how they go. The only reason why I wouldn't go is if something happens with Nana. We'll see. She can't swallow on her own any more. Mom said if her body is shutting down, then it doesn't look good.

After LB's, I took 2 of the pies and stopped at my apartment to pick up the card and gift for SH's 30th birthday house party. I saw AC there, so it was entertaining. She and SH were really the only people I knew well there, so it forced me to socialize, but I think I talked to all of the people there are one point. The food was good and they ate an entire apple pie, so I call it a success. The gift I gave was a blue glass bowl that my youngest sister made, and also a tiny glass mouse that she made. The card had a pun in it, as all cards for SH should. At one point I wondered how SH and I are friends because I don't seem to like any of the things that he likes. Why does he even talk to me? I'm his total fangirl though. Fangirl for life!

Today I slept in, continued reading Stones from the River, and then made it over to Arundel Mills before it got so late that I had to troll for a parking spot. My main goal was to spend the $25 coupons I got for my birthday. I parked and went in through the Bass Pro shop, which is hilarious because it's such a spectacle for me. And if elk are really that giant, I had no idea.  I found a really cute skirt from the Loft outlet.
this skirt in a different color. size 4, yo
Where I also bought a couple pairs of black tights for the cold weather. And I finally bought black leather ankle booties from Naturalizer to be my go-to for work this winter. Why are most of the ankle booties suede? How will suede help me in the snow? 

When I was in Loft I saw a discarded bubble tea container, so I knew I had to have it. I went on a long journey before I found the bubble tea store. On the way the Champion outlet had a 40% off sale and if it was your birthday month, you got an extra 20% off. All you had to do was show your driver's license. The guy behind the counter was going to let me get the discount without even showing it, haha. Is it because I'm pretty? Anyway, right after I bought a sports bra and a pink hoodie, I found the bubble tea store! Got my thai bubble tea.
love thai tea flavored bubble tea
Then I made the long trek back to the Bass Pro outlet, where I gawked at the indoor rock climbing cliff and wondered if anyone turned fishing lures into jewelry. And then I got back to my car, put on Sam Smith, and drove home through the bright sunny highways, sipping my bubble tea with the windows down. Thanks for not killing me, 95.

No comments:

Post a Comment